Stijn Maeyaert graduated as a master in law at the University of Ghent (2013). He is a mediator in public affairs (KU Leuven 2016) and also holds a degree in Business Administration from the EHSAL Management School (EMS Brussels, 2017). Between 2014 and 2019 he worked part-time at the Government and Law Center of Hasselt University, where he provided practical lectures in law and followed up the editing of theses.
He has been registered as a lawyer at the Brussels bar since October 2013 and was active at a Brussels first-class business law firm (Liedekerke Wolters Waelbroeck Kirkpatrick). He handled a multitude of national and international files for companies and governments. In 2020 it was time for a new start and he founded the niche boutique law firm Tender Law.
Stijn handles files on government contracts in the broad sense. He provides assistance with the awarding of public contracts and with performance disputes in all sectors. Stijn also has extensive experience in public-private partnerships (PPPs), concessions, public real estate and construction law, in which he has regularly provided advice and legal assistance. He also acted in proceedings in broader environmental law (as a result of environmental pollution and soil remediation).
Stijn is well acquainted with proceedings before the Council of State, the civil courts and other authorities. During his career at a first-class Brussels business law firm, he achieved an excellent track record in the field of legal proceedings, such as 72% won court cases in public contracts.
He acts as a teacher of training courses on public procurement for various organisations (including EBP, Escala and IFE) and publishes regularly on this subject. Since 2019, he has been a member of the editorial staff of Larcier's specialised magazine Overheidsopdrachten en -overeenkomsten / Marchés et contrats publics.
Integrity is central to Stijn. Thanks to a strong analytical capacity, he can handle dossiers efficiently, thoughtfully and in a solution-oriented way and he always thinks alongside the client. He has a strong academic interest, but also a practical and technical approach thanks to training in business administration and electronics.
- “Prijsverantwoording en haar rol in de uitvoering van de overheidsopdracht. Lazarus onthoofd?”, te verschijnen in Jaarboek Overheidsopdrachten 2019-2020, Brussel, EBP, to appear
- The term “Public Contract”, Public Contracts and Agreements, Larcier, to appear
- The term “Contracting Authority”, Public Contracts and Agreements, Larcier, to appear
- “The one Proof of Concept (POC) is not the other. Substantial irregularity of a quotation due to defective POC ”, to be published in Rechtskundig Weekblad
- “The Government Procurement Review”, Belgian chapter, 7th edition, 2019
- “The Government Procurement Review”, Belgian chapter, 6th edition, 2018
- “The Government Procurement Review”, Belgian chapter, 5th edition, 2017
- “Good friends have no secrets – Confidentiality and transparency during the implementation phase”, C. DE KONINCK, P. FLAMEY, P. THIEL and B. DEMEULENAERE (ed.), Public Procurement Yearbook 2015-2016, Brussels, EBP, 2016, 267 -282
- “New Public Procurement Act: adopted but not yet in force” / “La nouvelle loi sur les marchés publics: adopted mais pas encore en vigueur”, Liedekerke Newsletter, 19 May 2016
- “Uniform European Tender Document immediately usable!” / “Le Document unique de marché européen est d’application!”, Liedekerke Newsletter, 22 April 2016
- “The Government Procurement Review”, Belgian chapter, 4th edition, 2016 Government “The Government Procurement Review”, Belgian chapter, 3rd edition, 2015, Law Business Research Ltd London, 2015;
- The Government The Government Procurement Review, Belgian chapter, 2nd edition, 2014, Law Business Research Ltd London, 2014;
- “European Legal Protection Compromise on Public Procurement Limits Freedom of National Judge”, in Tijdschrift voor Aannemingsrecht, 2014 (4), p. 440-448.
- “Public procurement disputes”, 13/12/2016, Lecture IFE, Antwerp
- “Sustainable public procurement”, 13/10/2016, Lecture IFE, Antwerp
- “Exclusion and selection criteria – the new Public Procurement Act”, 10/05/2016, Lecture Universiteit Hasselt
- “The new implementation rules for public procurement”, continuous training given to lawyers at the Brussels bar on behalf of NOAB-VIA, 25 August 2017
- “The new government procurement rules on awarding”, May 2018, training at a consultancy agency specialising in government procurement
- “The new government procurement regulations on implementation”, July 2018, training at a consultancy agency specialising in government procurement
- “The only supplier”, lecture on ICT Tender Day 2018 (EBP)
- “Basic Public Procurement Training”, training for staff members of a local administration, March 2019
- “Basic Public Procurement Training”, training for staff members of a local administration, May 2019
- “The ABC of public procurement performance”, in the context of the public procurement study day of Escala, Westerlo and Nazareth, December 2019